About the DTIC
The Department of Trade, Industry & Competition (The DTIC) – South Africa’s vision is "a dynamic industrial, globally competitive South African economy, characterized by inclusive growth and development, decent employment and equity, built on the full potential of all citizens".
The Economic Office, Dubai, responsible for the United Arab Emirates, as a custodian of The DTIC's vision, have the following strategic objectives:
- Export promotion: increase the export basket of value added products that reflects the diversity of the South African economy and industry;
- Investment promotion: promote the economic diversity of South African to attract FDI and local investment to add value to the export basket and local markets;
- Business facilitation: promote information sharing between businesses to facilitate trade and investment through the creation of information sharing platforms; and
- Government to Government: actively build on the excellent relationships that exist and to increase Government co-operation to facilitate trade, investment and movement of business people.
To enable the transformation of the South African economy through industrial development, investment, export competitiveness, employment creation and more equitable growth.
Export Promotion Services
The DTIC, and therefore the Economic Office, Dubai, is mandated to promote South African value added goods and services abroad by:
- Providing Market Intelligence;
- Facilitating Exports by matching exporters with buyers;
- Providing In-Market Support for exporters; and
- Export Marketing Assistance – access to markets through: Investment and Trade Initiatives, Outward Selling Missions, Inward Buying Missions and National Pavilions.
- More than 65 flights per week between Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban;
- Very well developed cold chain infrastructure;
- Only 14 days on the sea from Durban Port to Jebel Ali Port; and
- The most diverse economy, most diverse export basket close to the UAE.
- EU FTA
- Gulfood, Dubai
- International Defence Exhibition – IDEX, Abu Dhabi
- Arab Health, Dubai
- GITEX, Dubai
- Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition – ADIPEC, Abu Dhabi
- SIAL, Abu Dhabi
- Professional Beauty, Dubai
- Footwear & Leather, Dubai
Automotive, Beetroot, Condiments, Diamonds, Enzymes, Flowers, Gold, H-beams, Iron, Jewellery, Kingpin, Leather, Meat, Nectarines, Oranges, Pears, Quinces, Rooibos tea, Software, Trucks, Uranium, Vitamins, Wood, Xray, Yarn, Zinc
InvestSA, a division of The DTIC, providing a One-Stop-Shop service to investors and the Economic Office, Dubai, is the direct link to all of their services.
InvestSA provides Investment Promotion, facilitation and aftercare, which is geared at fast tracking projects and reducing government red-tape. It actively markets, promotes and facilitates investment in key high yielding growth sectors of the South African economy.
Specialist advisory services from InvestSA is provided in the following areas:
- Economic Environment;
- Regulatory Environment;
- Legal Environment and Compliance;
- Industrial Development and Financial Support; and
- Investment guides.